"Accredited" is a term used by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for investors that met certain wealth levels.
Due to regulatory requirements, investments on the HoneyBricks Marketplace require investors to meet at least one of the SEC guidelines of being an accredited investor.
Investors can qualify as accredited if any of the following below apply to you:
- Annual income is greater than $200k (or $300k together with a spouse) for the last 2 years, and I expect to earn the same or greater for the current year.
- My net worth is greater than $1M (excluding my primary residence).
- Any natural person who is a holder in good standing of the Series 7, Series 65, or Series 82 licenses.
- Any trust, with total assets in excess of $5M, not formed for the specific purpose of acquiring the securities offered, whose purchase is directed by a “sophisticated” person who is “sophisticated”.
- Any entity in which all the equity owners are accredited investors.
- Any corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, not formed for the specific purpose of acquiring the securities offered, with total assets in excess of $5M.
- Any “family office” with at least $5M in assets under management and its “family clients” as each term is defined under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
See Rule 501 for the full definition of “accredited investor”.
Unsure if this applies to you - learn How to Become an Accredited Investor